How to prepare for your bridal makeup trial
Ladies, it’s almost time for makeup trial season! Here are a few of my top tips in order to prepare...
1. Keep pinning on your Pinterest boards! Gathering inspiration photos will not only help your makeup artist get an idea of your preferred style but also help you realize what you like and don’t like!
2. If possible try and arrange your hair and makeup trials on the same day so you can see what your hair and makeup look like together! For hair styling I highly recommend Hair so Boho & Hair by Duboux who I work with frequently. They are both bridal specialists, based in Essex.
3. Arrive on your bridal makeup trial with clean skin (no makeup) so that your makeup artist can clearly see your skin texture and tone. In my studio in Ipswich, I have amazing natural light so we can ensure a true to skin foundation colour match!
4. Wear a white/ivory top with a neckline similar to your dress if possible. It is surprising how different makeup looks with a black, white or coloured top! When you wear white it reflects on your face, so you will need more intensity in colour in your makeup than usual.
5. Bring with you any accessories you intend on wearing such as earrings, veil and head pieces so I can work to compliment your existing wedding styling! If you haven't chosen yours yet, check out PS With Love, one of my recommended suppliers for the most beautiful handmade, bridal accessories.
6. Relax! It’s a fun and chilled experience where we can get to know each other ahead of the day. I promise you will feel at ease in the makeup chair with me!
Hope that was helpful, I look forward to meeting you all in the coming months!
All Photography by Sharon Cudworth